Superjuni-OR13
Welcome to SUPERJUNI-OR13.co.nr
Our Forum is an International Fan Base,
and you're welcome to Join Us! (,,^w^,,)

Thank You for Visiting Our Site. . .

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!
Superjuni-OR13
Welcome to SUPERJUNI-OR13.co.nr
Our Forum is an International Fan Base,
and you're welcome to Join Us! (,,^w^,,)

Thank You for Visiting Our Site. . .

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!
Superjuni-OR13
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesAffiesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aeinsshi
Sunbae ELF
Sunbae ELF
aeinsshi

Female
Number of posts : 2168
Job/hobbies : EunTeuk's aNaE [아내]
Hangeul Name : PARK AE-HYIN [박 애-인]
Joined. : 2008-06-12

[disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation Empty
PostSubject: [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation   [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:39 am

[disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation 17940110

How Would SM Entertainment Artists Celebrate Mr. Lee Soo Man's 56th Birthday?

A modest four-story building in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul's high-fashion district, is the headquarters of SM Entertainment. It is the country's major talent agency, credited with discovering and fostering the careers of most of Korea's teenage stars. Considering the agency's long-standing success, its building is surprisingly nondescript — it's not marked with any signboards, banners or flags. If not for the teenage fans crowding the entrance or the graffiti on the wall proclaiming, "I love you, TVXQ!", one would have no clue what that building is. The company says it feels no need to be more visible since it already gets plenty of visitors. Also in the neighborhood are Kimjonghak Productions, one of Korea's top production companies and Cheongdam High School, where many up-and-coming teenage talents are enrolled.

The office of Mr. Lee Soo Man, the founder and CEO of the entertainment juggernaut, is equally ordinary-looking. The only thing that sets it apart is a display of about 300 trophies won by SM artists such as H.O.T, S.E.S, Shinhwa, BoA, TVXQ and Super Junior at music awards, along with their photographs and the place where the artists usually surprise him on his birthday.

Lee Soo Man seemed pretty excited with good news about his talents, how they worked hard to be what they are now. Lee Soo Man seems reticent and even defensive, conscious of persistent criticism that SM artists can dance but can't sing with the possible exception of BoA, Super Junior and TVXQ. Koreans seem to have two opinions of Mr. Lee. He is undoubtedly the best at commercializing Korean pop culture at home and abroad. But he is blamed for discrediting the local music industry with teenage dance stars; it doesn't help his image to also be the biggest beneficiary of a virtual entertainment monopoly.

Lee Soo Man recently stated on JoongAng Ilbo: "Due to illegal downloads the music industry is contracting, and with revenue sources limited to TV commercials, our only hope is the global market. Our ultimate destination is, of course, China, the new Hollywood. It is our dream that Korean and Japanese pop will meet in the Chinese 'melting pot', find out who's Asia's best and finally compete with the top players in the United States and Europe. As for BoA's debut in the United States, we intend to be cautious ... We will go when we are certain of success."

Lee started as a singer in the 1970s. Twenty years later, he produced the country's first hip-hop artist, Hyun Jin Young. Together with renowned composer Yoo Young Jin, Lee Soo Man founded SM Entertainment, launching numerous teenage pop stars. He literally raised them, teaching dance, music and foreign languages to young teenagers with star qualities.

In the case of TVXQ and Super Junior, the training included painstaking dance practice. SM Entertainment is noted for its "one-source multi-usage" strategy for its stable of talents. It introduced various kinds of marketing materials featuring its artists.

Last year its affiliate, SM Pictures, produced a movie starring Super Junior. Fans who would buy anything involving their favorite stars are the biggest contributor to SM's success.

Today SM Entertainment is expanding into about 40 businesses, including drama production and karaoke management. This year, it is going to present its first musical, "Xanadu" where Kang In and Kim Hee Chul of Super Junior are a part of it.

According to a recent survey, Lee Soo Man was the third biggest holder of Korean stocks in the entertainment business after singer/producer J.Y. "When I was a singer myself, it hurt my pride to see people go crazy over foreign pop stars like Leif Garrett and New Kids on the Block. I wanted people to go crazy over our homegrown stars. I was certain that our entertainment market would grow remarkably once the economy gained momentum. I know there are many criticisms about us, such as tainting the music industry with lip-syncing teenage dancers. But I believe the pop culture industry is just like a democracy. Just like you would vote for the politicians you support, you buy the albums of those you like. That is how music survives. In a capitalistic entertainment industry, it's inevitable that the true star dominates the market and rakes in the money," Lee said.

"I do not agree when people label our singers as mere teenage idol stars. We are not just an idol agency, but we strive to become a global entertainment company. I don't see the need to define whether one's a true musician or a teenage idol star. I think pop culture is all about enjoying what you like."

This week is a very important week for SM Entertainment. Lee Soo Man is celebrating his 56th Birthday on June 18 [wednesday]. BoA, Girls' Generation, KANGTA, SHINee, Super Junior, TVXQ and other SM Entertainment artists never will forget to celebrate the most important day for Lee Soo Man. They have their different ways to extend their love for him.

:angel: saeng-il chukha hamnida father SM :angel:

Last edited by aeinsshi on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aeinsshi.co.nr
SangwooK
Founder
Founder
SangwooK

Female
Number of posts : 2322
Job/hobbies : ...SuJu's Lover...
Hangeul Name : Sung Sangwook
Joined. : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation   [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 2:28 pm

woooow... MR. LSM... i find you abit inspiring about what u said :tearing: ....

Quote :
"I
do not agree when people label our singers as mere teenage idol stars.
We are not just an idol agency, but we strive to become a global
entertainment company. I don't see the need to define whether one's a
true musician or a teenage idol star. I think pop culture is all about
enjoying what you like."

i totally agree with this.... tearsofjoy well, father SM... just wanna say~
SAENGIR CUKKAHAMNIDA... thanks for bringing us SUPERJUNIOR oppa's in our lives.... can't deny the fact, that you're good at choosing talents...

well, i know you have your own plans and move for your artists, through criticism and problems goin' ahead....

that's it.. JAL HAE BWA... ahjussi...
Back to top Go down
http://kumanekochan.blogspot.com
*Ehye_fish*
Administrative
Administrative
*Ehye_fish*

Female
Number of posts : 1962
Job/hobbies : Luv All korean stuff.... n
Hangeul Name : Lee Eunhye 은혜
Joined. : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation   [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Awww...

Hmm.. well even though sometime he migt me hursh with them but he do have a warm heartd..

well Mtr.Leesooman..
saengir chukkahaeyo,...

Thanks for ur good talents star have u been screach

good luck..
Back to top Go down
http://kogi-eunhye.livejournal.com
Hee Jin
Retired
Retired
Hee Jin

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Job/hobbies : Fooling around..^^..
Hangeul Name : Kim Hee Jin
Joined. : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation   [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 pm

Saengil chukkahamnida Mr Lee Soo Man deceiving
wish you good luck...

Thank you for giving us Super Junior oppas...thank you for finding them bow
Back to top Go down
http://www.imeem.com/loveleeteuk
<3 hyemin
Translator
Translator
<3 hyemin

Female
Number of posts : 1336

PostSubject: Re: [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation   [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 9:58 pm

LSM ABEOJI! SAENGIRCHUKHAHAEYO!! so good!
may you have a memorable birthday!! i wish one day i can throw one for you.. hehehehe....with ELFs and cassiopeians... smiling
Back to top Go down
http://profile.imeem.com/uvwsut
wilmaia***suju
Shining ELF
Shining ELF
wilmaia***suju

Female
Number of posts : 852
Job/hobbies : I'm a Korean culture lover and a loyal ELF....
Hangeul Name : 신상병 (Shin Sang byung)

PostSubject: Re: [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation   [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Saengil Chukkha hamnida Mr. Lee Soo Man.....
Stay healthy and God bless....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation   [disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's  B-day Preparation Empty

Back to top Go down

[disc] Mr. Lee Soo Man's B-day Preparation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top